Respect is a stat that provides benefits to those who own rings.
Respect works differently than the other stats in HoboWars in both the way it is obtained and the benefits it provides you with.
Instead of obtaining it from a specific location, say, the University, respect is obtained whenever you attack another player and win. Your respect is not affected when you win or lose a fight against NPCs, nor is it affected when you lose a fight against another player.
The benefits of respect vary according to the type of respect you have: positive or negative. Positive respect provides a boost to your speed combat stat and your defense. Negative respect, on the other hand, provides a boost to your speed combat stat and your attack. Whenever you attack a player with positive respect and win, you receive negative respect. Conversely, whenever you attack someone with negative respect and win, you receive positive respect.
Every minor reset, your respect decreases at a rate that is determined by your respect rank. Train your respect at a rate that negates or overcomes that loss. The amount of loss dynamically changes on a regular basis and varies between versions. To see your current daily loss, you need to hover over or click your respect rank shown on your living area. There are 3 constants to this:
- The higher your Respect Rank, the higher your daily loss will be.
- Respect Rank 0 never has a daily loss.
- Respect Rank 15 always has an additional 3% loss.
Once you have reached a certain amount of respect, your respect title will change and you will receive greater respect stat bonuses. The default respect title for new players is Hobo. Once you own a ring, you will start to receive respect stat bonuses, which are added to your ring's base stat bonuses. To find out your ring's total stat bonuses, add your respect stat bonuses to your ring's base stat bonuses.
List of Respect Titles
|Rank||R+ Title||R– Title||Respect Range||Stat Bonuses|
|0||Hobo||Hobo||±0 to ±4,999|| +0 Attack/Defense
|1||Homeless||Lowlife||±5,000 to ±9,999|| +50 Attack/Defense
|2||Bum||Delinquent||±10,000 to ±19,999|| +100 Attack/Defense
|3||Freeloader||Thug||±20,000 to ±39,999|| +150 Attack/Defense
|4||Drifter||Outcast||±40,000 to ±79,999|| +200 Attack/Defense
|5||Showered||Addict||±80,000 to ±159,999|| +250 Attack/Defense
|6||Citizen||Tramp||±160,000 to ±319,999|| +300 Attack/Defense
|7||Worker||Criminal||±320,000 to ±639,999|| +350 Attack/Defense
|8||Medic||Mental patient||±640,000 to ±999,999|| +400 Attack/Defense
|9||Preacher||Murderer||±1,000,000 to ±1,599,999|| +450 Attack/Defense
|10||Actor||Hit man||±1,600,000 to ±2,799,999|| +500 Attack/Defense
|11||Officer||Mass murderer||±2,800,000 to ±3,999,999|| +550 Attack/Defense
|12||Peacemaker||Politician||±4,000,000 to ±5,999,999|| +600 Attack/Defense
|13||John McClane||Freddy Kreuger||±6,000,000 to ±7,999,999|| +650 Attack/Defense
|14||Organ Donor||Dexter||±8,000,000 to ±9,999,999|| +700 Attack/Defense
|15||Hobo Jesus||Batman||±10,000,000 and Beyond|| +750 Attack/Defense
Top Respect Titles
In addition to the previous titles, there are special titles reserved for those who have the most (or least) respect in the game. The bonuses provided from these titles are added to the sum of your current respect stat bonuses and your ring's base stat bonuses.
|R+ Title||R– Title||Requirement||Stat Bonuses|
|Swat member||Crimelord||Have the third most positive/negative respect in the game.|| +50 Attack/Defense|
|Swat member||Crimelord||Have the second most positive/negative respect in the game.|| +50 Attack/Defense|
|Special agent||Kingpin||Have the most positive/negative respect in the game.|| +100 Attack/Defense|
When you first start out, training your respect will be slow and boring. However, as you become more powerful and able to defeat players with higher respect, your respect will start to grow at a relatively fast pace. The key is to consistently attack players whose respect type is the opposite of yours, since attacking someone whose respect type is the same as yours will cause your respect to decrease. Therefore, choose your opponents wisely, keeping an eye out for their respect type so that you can maximize your respect stat gains.
There are several other ways to train your respect:
- Consume a Jolly Gentlemen mixed drink before fighting. The status effect it gives you, Classy as Hell, increases your respect gains by 25%. Beware, though, for the 25% increase applies to both types of respect. For example, if you have positive respect and attack another player who also has positive respect, you will receive 25% more negative respect, not 25% less negative respect.
- Have a Respect Ring equipped when you battle other players. The Respect Ring increases your respect gains by an amount that is dependent upon how much respect you have. The less respect you have, the larger the boost; the more respect you have, the smaller the boost. As with the boost provided by the Classy as Hell status effect, it applies to both types of respect.
- Eat a Red Hot Chili Pepper for the Under the Bridge effect, which will give you respect gains while Begging or training stats at University.
- Participate in Side Wars. All Side War participants receive a 25% increase to their respect gains. Additionally, Side War participants with positive respect will not gain any respect when they attack and win against players with positive respect, and Side War participants with negative respect will not gain any respect when they attack and win against players with negative respect. In other words, while you are signed up for Side Wars, there aren't any consequences from attacking someone with the same type of respect as your own, meaning that you can attack anyone without having to worry about it working against your desired respect gains.
- Get an Arena Badass tattoo which gives between 5-15% boost depending on age.
- Drink a Rocket Juice for ±100,000 respect
- The Beggar Ring sometimes gives ±2500 respect as a special reward
- Hobosaurus Rex gives respect from solo attacks.