From Hobowars Wiki
- The Bowling Alley is a location in the Second City, and is an accessory to the Second City Adventures. To begin bowling, you must first buy a pair of Bowling Shoes from the flea market in the Bus Station for 1,000 cans. You can also purchase an optional Extra Large Bowling Ball at the Tin Can Alley flea market for 250 cans. Also, the top 10 bowlers who achieve the highest scores will be listed in the Bowling Alley.
- Bowling costs 15T and you will have your choice of an opponent and lane.
- In order to throw a shot, use the option buttons along the bottom to determine the launch point and the buttons on the top to set an aim. Use the bottom to set a spin to the ball.
- Each bowler is progressively more difficult, however, they offer a greater reward. You'll start with only 2 bowlers. To unlock additional opponents, you'll need to both beat the opponent and bowl a certain score.
- - Easiest opponent, initially available
- - Will be made available when you defeat Shane the Bowler with score of 80 or more.
- - Will be made available when you defeat Mocha Joe Jitterhands with score of 120 or more.
- - Will be made available when you defeat Professor Spare with score of 150 or more.
- Will be made available when you defeat Curveball Paul of the north, then west with score of 180 or more.
- Defeat Sir Strikes-a-Lot with a score of 200 or more and you will be given a Bowling Trophy.
- Rule of thumb: The more expensive the lane, the less bumps the lane has.
- Death Mountain ($100)
- The Plank ($500)
- Penny Lane ($1000)
- Smooth Ride ($5000)
- Compensate for the wind on the first shot to try and get a dead-centre roll. From there, try and cleanup as soon as possible. Make note of the speed and direction of the wind. You can counter the winds effects by changing your starting point (at the bottom), your aim point (at the top), or the type of spin you put on the ball (on the right).
- No wind: Aim 2 clicks left, stand 2 clicks left, spin 3 clicks right.
- 1-2 mph: Aim 1 click downwind, stand 2 clicks downwind, spin 2 clicks into the wind.
- 3 mph: Aim 1 click upwind, stand 1 click upwind, spin 1 click downwind.
- 4-5 mph: Just throw the default settings. 4 is almost guaranteed a strike
- 6-7 mph: Stand 1 click downwind, spin 1 click upwind
- 8 mph: Aim 1 click downwind, stand 2 clicks downwind, spin 3 clicks upwind
- 9 mph: Stand 2 clicks upwind, or 8 mph
- 10 mph: Spin 1 click upwind
- 11 mph: Aim 1 click upwind, stand 2 clicks downwind, spin 1 click upwind
- 12 mph: Aim 1 click downwind, stand 2 clicks downwind, spin 3 clicks upwind.
- Aim 2 clicks upwind, stand 2 clicks upwind, spin 2 clicks downwind.
- 13 mph: Stand 2 clicks downwind, spin 2 clicks upwind.
- 14 mph: Aim 2 clicks upwind, stand 2 clicks downwind.
- 15 mph: Aim 1 click upwind, stand 2 clicks upwind.
- 16-20 mph: Stand 2 clicks downwind, spin 3 clicks upwind.
- 21-24 mph: Aim 2 clicks upwind, stand 2 clicks upwind, spin 1 click downwind.
- 25 mph: Unknown.
- Bowling Strategy courtesy of (CrAzY) Lonnegan
- Defeating your opponent in bowling gives you cash and/or stat points.
- For achieving a score of 150 or more against Professor Spare, you'll be awarded with the Gas Mask, which reduces the cost of moving in the sewers from 2T to 1T. It is highly recommended you obtain it, as it will save you a large amount of T in the long run.